IT Systems & Support Limited is now ISO27001 certified.
After lots of hard work, we are proud to be listed as ISO27001 certified, upholding the highest possible standards of Information Security Management.
Following rigorous external auditing, we have shown that our robust systems meet the exacting standards of ISO27001, allowing our DPO (Data Protection Officer) to be able to give advice and act on any data security issues that arise within your organisation.
What is ISO 27001?
Being ISO 27001 compliant is essential for any company providing data centre or backup services – it is also known as the Information Security Management Standard (ISMS). Data security is absolutely essential for businesses and therefore working with a data centre service provider with an ISO 27001 certification should be a top priority for your business. An ISO 27001 certified company has to adhere to a number of stringent data security rules, meaning that you can ensure your data will remain secure and protected against hacking, malicious attacks and accidental data loss.
Why is ISO 27001 important to a School ICT Support Company?
Implementing an ISMS provides IT Systems with robust arrangements built upon accredited processes and procedures to eliminate or minimise the risk of a security breach and keep information secure that could have legal or business continuity implications for ourselves and / or our customers.
Following a series of high profile cases, it has proven to be very damaging, embarrassing, and possibly costly, to an organisation if information gets into the wrong hands or into the public domain. By establishing and maintaining a documented system of controls and management, IT Systems can identify and reduce Data Security risks.
Achieving ISO 27001 certification shows that IT Systems has:
- Protected information from falling into unauthorised hands
- Ensured information is accurate and can only be modified by authorised users
- Assessed the risks and mitigated the impact of a breach
- Been independently assessed to an international standard based on industry best practice
What are the benefits for using an ISO 27001 accredited company?
The benefits for using IT Systems as an accredited ISO 27001 company include:
- Customer confidence in demonstrating best practice for data security and information management
- Demonstrating the importance IT Systems puts upon its services such as cyber security, eSafety, backup and disaster recovery
- Elevating us above our competitors by putting us in the same accreditation circle as Blue Chip companies such as IBM, Microsoft and Amazon
- Full compliance with GDPR and 2018 Data Protection Act
- IT Systems can provide factual and relevant information and data security advice to aid your compliance to UK and EU law, including GDPR.
- Accreditation is independently assessed and verified by the British Standards Institute (BSI) in line with UK, EU and Global Information Management regulations
- Taking appropriate control measures to protect confidential and privileged information
- Following international best practices to mitigate cyber threats and have cyber incident response and management processes to respond to cyber-attacks
- Establishing a formal information risk management process and a functioning Information Security Management System
For more information on our Information Management offer, email email@example.com or call 0843 886 8661