Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
Who are IT Systems & Support Limited?
IT Systems & Support Limited provides an all-encompassing IT provision with responsive and personable support thus ensuring a happy, issue free learning system to enable educational excellence.
IT Systems is designed purely to support the education sector.
With over 30 years’ experience working in schools.
Everything we do is crafted and honed to using technology to aid the education of children.
- Broadband services
- Technical support
- Project management
- Security and filtering
- Data Protection and Information Security Consultancy
- Remote Backup System
- Centralised wireless service
What does IT Systems & Support Limited collection your information?
We obtain information about you when you use our website or when you take out a service contract with us.
We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, undertake enquiries on our website, log helpdesk requests with us, provide feedback to us and participate in any competitions we may hold.
How does IT Systems and Support Limited use your information?
In order for us to provide you with one and/or more of our service(s) we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes and/or detailed service provision. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
We also use your information to continually assess our services and how we run as a business to measure where improvements and efficiencies can be made to improve services to our customers.
What about marketing?
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes IT Systems and Support Limited would contact you for additional consent.
We are really proud of the things we do for our customers and we are keen to tell people about the wonderful things we do. We would like to send you information about products and services of ours which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your information to third parties. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us immediately.
Will IT Systems and Support Limited share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to IT Systems and Support Limited in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with IT Systems and Support Limited’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will IT Systems and Support Limited use the personal data it collects about me?
IT Systems and Support Limited will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. IT Systems and Support Limited is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will IT Systems and Support Limited contact me?
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
What is the information you have on me is inaccurate?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Organisation Name refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated in 3.4 above) in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by IT Systems and Support Limited, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and IT Systems and Support Limited’s data protection representatives Data Protection Officer (DPO).
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
IT Systems and Support Limited at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If IT Systems and Support Limited does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of IT Systems and Support Limited or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The UK has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
IT Systems and Support Limited requires two forms of identification to be presented for inspection. At least one must include photographic identification. IT Systems and Support Limited accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested such as:
- driving licence
- birth certificate
- utility bill (from last 3 months)
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer (DPO):
|Data Protection Officer (DPO) contact details|
|Contact Name:||Scott Morrison|
|Address line 1:||IT Systems and Support Limited|
|Address line 2:||North Point|
|Address line 3:||Faverdale North|
|Address line 4:||Darlington|
|Address line 6:||DL3 0PH|
|Telephone:||0343 886 8660|